The Air Force and GSA issued a draft document yesterday, for a $5.5 billion replacement to the current NETCENTS-2 contract – called ‘Second Generation Information Technology’ (2GIT).
This is a 5-year Blanket Purchase Agreements (BPA) for hardware, software and services, and will have 15 to 25 awards – and is only open to current GSA Schedule 70 contractors
The five BPAs include:
- Data centers, including both computing and storage.
- End user devices, including ruggedized tablets, desktop computers and thin clients.
- Network gear like routers and switches, as well as video teleconferencing and Everything over IP.
- Radio equipment, including handhelds and vehicle units.
- Plus a fifth line encompassing all four areas.
Responses to the draft RFQ are due Nov. 7.
The final RFQ is expected to be released in January or February.