GSA is preparing the latest version of its successful acquisition contract known as STARS, aimed at certified 8(a) IT Services companies.
The draft solicitation, recently posted on FedBizOpps, focuses on IT services such as software development & maintenance, as well as emerging technology like artificial intelligence.
Once awarded, the government-wide contract will be a multi-award, 8-year contract.
In 2018 agencies spent more than $1.6 billion on the previous 8a STARS contract.
The solicitation focuses on six Functional Areas:
- Custom Computer Programming Services
- Computer System Design Services
- Computer Facilities Management Services
- Other Computer-Related Services
- Data Processing, Hosting and Related Services
- Emerging Technology-Focused IT Services
Responses to the draft RFP are due Sept. 6