In the fast-paced world of Information Technology, it can be hard for procurement professionals to keep up with the latest best practices.
The new TechFAR Hub provides resources to help them apply industry best practices.
The site contains educational classes, podcasts, case studies and easy-to-use tools and templates, and allows site users to share their experiences with each other.
The Digital Services Playbook discusses 13 key “plays”, drawn from successful practices from the private sector and government that, if followed together, will help government build effective digital services.
- Understand what people need
- Address the whole experience – start to finish
- Make it simple and intuitive
- Build using agile and iterative practices
- Structure budgets & contracts to support delivery
- Assign one leader and make him/her accountable
- Bring in experienced teams
- Choose a modern technology stack
- Deploy in a flexible hosting environment
- Automate testing and deployments
- Manage security & privacy via reusable processes
- Use data to drive decisions
- Default to open
The TechFAR Handbook contains resources for procurement professionals on how to use contractors to support an iterative, customer-driven software development process, as is routinely done in the private sector.