Executive Order (EO13693) requires Federal Fleets to:
- Reduce per-mile Greenhouse Gas emissions 30% percent by 2025.
- Increase the number of zero emission & plug-in hybrid vehicles – to 20% of all new vehicles by 2020, and 50% by 2025.
- Make plans for charging or refueling stations, as well as infrastructure that will allow for vehicle level data reporting capabilities.
GSA’s Office of Fleet Management has issued a Sources Sought notice, looking for information on the technologies and data management systems that could help fulfill these requirements.
This is the first step towards the award of multiple BPAs. The RFQ is expected to be released in 2016.
These BPAs will be considered under these GSA schedules and Special Item Numbers (SINs):
- Schedule 23V, SIN 272 105 – New Technologies
- Schedule 56, SIN 361 10A – Pre-Engineered & Prefabricated Buildings & Structures for Storage Solutions
- Schedule 56, SIN 206 3 – Alternative & Renewable Energy Solutions, Solar Energy Systems, Solar Lighting, Fuel Cells, Wind Power
- Schedule 56, SIN 383 5 – Batteries and Battery Chargers
- Schedule 51V, SIN 105 002 – Hardware Store, Home Improvement Center, or MRO – Catalog