Every agency has its own Office of Small Business Utilization (OSBU), dedicated to help small businesses sell to that agency.
Some of the data available:
- A list of small business specialists who can give you advice and guidance
- A list of prime contractors looking for subcontractors
- Guides on how to do business with that agency
- Regularly scheduled free outreach sessions
- Nationwide networking conferences where the agencies will be exhibiting
- Sample forms for networking
- Agency budgets and lists of what the agency buys
- Procurement forecasts showing what the agency plans to buy this fiscal year
For example, the Department of Labor’s OSBU has a Small Business Procurement Power Page , which includes information on the mission of each Dept. of Labor agency, what each agency buys, a booklet which describes different agency functions, Annual Acquisition Plan and Procurement Forecast, and various Department Contracting Information.