A Capability Statement is a short document that introduces your company’s products and services to an agency, to a prime contractor, or to a potential teaming partner.
At a glance the reader can see your company’s qualifications, the products/services you are offering, and any certifications you might have.
Keep it short and to-the-point. No more than 1 or 2 pages.
Use bullet points to make it easier to read.
Incorporate your company’s logo, brand and colors if possible.
Your Capability Statement should include:
- Core Competency: the products or services you offer (be specific – no waffling!)
- Past Performance: experience; previous contracts (either government or commercial)
- Differentiators: why choose your company? what makes you different? how can you help the agency meet their goals?
- Contact Information: address; email; point of contact (a real person, not sales@…)
- Government Specific Information: CAGE; DUNS; NAICS; certifications (8a/veteran/woman-owned)